Occupational Health and Safety
Occupational Health and Safety is an important part of our overall management system. It’s planned and coordinated to manage potential OHS risks within our client’s organisation.
Excel is certified to Australian/International Standard ISO 9001: 2008 for Quality Management Systems and AS/NZS 4801:2001 for Occupational Health and Safety Management systems.
We are committed to continuous improvement in our OHS&W systems and have a comprehensive review program in place to ensure we continue to look at our procedures and outcomes. We embrace opportunities to improve operating efficiencies and service standards for our staff and our clients.
As an employer, Excel Recruitment accepts overall responsibility for all Occupational Health Safety and Welfare for all our employees. Our safety management systems are built around our acceptance of the following responsibilities employees by:
- Promoting a culture of safety first;
- Providing expert information, knowledge and advice to all;
- Monitoring the health and wellbeing of all staff;
- Undertaking client workplace evaluations, site hazard and risk assessments;
- Ensure staff understand their OHS&W responsibilities and receive adequate training to be able to carry out these tasks;
- Conduct inductions that are both easy to understand and highly informative;
- Ensuring all staff are competent and skilled to perform the tasks required;
- Ensuring that site specific inductions are regularly performed and reviewed;
- Comprehensive reporting processes for all workplace risks and hazards are documented;
- Conducting regular ongoing site visits to ensure the workplace is free of risk;
- Ensuring that client sites provide a safe workplace and systems of work;
- Dealing efficiently and effectively with any OHS&W issue;
- Communicating all OHS&W incidents and outcomes to all levels within our business.
Excel regularly monitors and reviews its policies and procedures and adopts a continual improvement process in servicing our clients and ensuring a safe workplace for all stakeholders.